A StarPak principal designed the energy management system for the Google World HQ in Mountain View, CA – a major retrofit indeed.
StarPak also installed the solar-pool heating system for Paul McCartney’s Recording Studio on the Caribbean island nation of Montserrat, and was honored by that country on one of its Postage Stamps.
StarPak can handle almost any retrofit assignment:
- StarPak can retrofit any building for up to 100% renewable, free from fossil fuel, generating high returns on investment.
- When financed, StarPak retrofit systems generate immediate positive cashflow.
- We qualify owners for huge tax credits and other subsidies like state & utility rebates.
- The sale and rental value of any building with StarPak retrofit becomes noticeably higher
Project: 18950 Northline Road, Southgate, Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan — Comfort Inn, Southgate, MI
- StarPak installed a solar thermal array for domestic hot water and to heat the indoor pool and a heat recovery system on the pool dehumidification system. The unit had been using fresh city water for the coolant loop, dumping the spent/warmed water down the drain—very wasteful. StarPak’s solution closed this loop, dumping the unwanted heat into a StarPak AtmoStorage© Tank. StarPak’s tank transfers this heat energy into incoming cold city water to pre-heat it for domestic water use.
- The results are astonishing — a 70 percent reduction in natural gas use and a 50 percent reduction in water consumption. The ROI is a highly attractive 16 months, and the owner got a 30 percent federal tax credit plus substantial utility rebates totaling another 20% of the initial cost.
- Shortly after system completion, a plain-clothes detective from local utility DTE came unannounced to the hotel, ‘to see if there had been meter tampering’. Once he learned of StarPak’s work, he invited StarPak to give a presentation to the utility’s energy efficiency team on Renewable Thermal & Thermal Recovery Best Practices.
Project: 1660-Weatherstone Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Condominium complex with strict aesthetic concerns wanted solar for clubhouse, pool & spa. Normally, the roof is logical for solar panels, but the clubhouse roof consists of many trapezoidal smaller areas and some condo board members objected to placement there. Issue solved by installing StarPak panels directly on sloping lawn nearby, rendering them virtually invisible. Return on investment: 36% per year.
Project: 1301 Laurelview Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Beautiful setting for solar install in beauty-conscious condominium complex. Return on investment: 34% per year.
Project: 5757 Pontiac Trail, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Residential system providing space heating, water heating, indoor pool heating. Easily seen from satellite view, cleverly hidden from views on the ground. Cranking out major savings continuously since 1982. Return on investment year over year: 42%.
Project: 930 Greenhills Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Apartment complex system installed in 1976, continuously producing savings ever since. Hidden from all ground views. Return on investment year over year: 46%.