Starpak’s solar panel mounting apparatus is called The Wedge©. With BOSS© Panels mounted on the Wedge© a complete functioning Starpak System is created.
In Colder Climates where summers differ sharply from winters, these BOSS + Wedge© systems are ganged together and their free renewable output is sent to annual cycle StarPak CUBE© storage.
In Mild Climates (Mediterranean/coastal California/Australian) and Tropical Climates, creating winter ice is difficult and sun intensity is fairly uniform year round. In such climates, BOSS + Wedge© make big heat every day for hot water and/or pool heating plus also make and store chilled water many nights for cooling the next day. This combination is also sufficient to make onsite thermoelectricity.
BOSS + Wedge© form a single portable unit that can be positioned anywhere on the ground, or on a flat roof. Often, BOSS + Wedge© combos can be positioned directly adjoining each fossil Roof-Top Unit [RTU], each system scaled to match the fossil tonnages it is replacing.
BOSS + Wedge© systems boast several key advantages:
- Complete systems fit in a pickup truck, and compact enough to ride up a freight elevator
- Ultra lightweight — no cranes needed
- Requires no roof penetration to anchor. Ballasted by its own thermal storage water
- Takes only 15 minutes to set up – not 2 days, as with its competitors
- Onboard air-to-air heat exchangers strip the energy value from stale exhausting air, introducing free heating & cooling clean make up air
- Easily ganged to annual cycle StarPak CUBE© Storage