StarPak’s solar panel mounting apparatus is called The Wedge©. With BOSS© Panels mounted on the Wedge©, a complete functioning StarPak System is created.
In Colder Climates where summers differ sharply from winters, these BOSS + Wedge© systems are ganged together and their free renewable output is sent to annual cycle StarPak Cube© storage.
In Mild Climates (Mediterranean/coastal California/Australian) and Tropical Climates, creating winter ice is difficult and sun intensity is fairly uniform year round. In such climates, BOSS + Wedge© produce vast amounts of heat every day for hot water and/or pool heating, in addition to making and storing chilled water some nights for cooling the next day.
BOSS + Wedge© form a single portable unit that can be positioned anywhere on the ground or on a flat roof. Often, BOSS + Wedge© combos can be positioned directly adjoining each fossil Roof-Top Unit (RTU), scaled to match the fossil tonnages it is replacing.
BOSS + Wedge© systems boast several key advantages:
- Complete systems fit in a pickup truck and are compact enough to ride up a freight elevator.
- Ultra lightweight — no cranes needed for installation.
- Requires no roof penetration to anchor. Ballasted by its own thermal storage water.
- Takes only 15 minutes to set up – not 2 days, as with its competitors.
- Onboard air-to-air heat exchangers strip the energy value from stale exhausting air, introducing free heating and cooling clean make up air.
- Easily ganged to annual cycle StarPak Cube© Storage.